Every woman on the go loves a casserole!
And, I can guarantee your man will love eating it too!
CHICKEN TORTILLA CASSEROLE
Lets get started!
4 large Chicken Breasts
4 cups Chicken Broth
20 Corn Tortillas
Cilantro - chopped, bunch
16 oz. jar Salsa Verde
16 oz. Sour Cream
5 oz. Cream Cheese
8 oz. Diced Green Chiles
5 cups Mexican blend of Cheese
Hot sauce - Your favorite - to your taste...
Salt and Pepper - to season.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Slice chicken breast to small strips. Pour chicken broth in pot to boil with chicken. Make sure the chicken is covered, add water if needed. Boil chicken for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked remove from broth and set in a separate dish to cool.
- Slice corn tortillas into bite sized strips.
- Shred chicken with two forks and add a bit of cooking broth to keep chicken moist while you assemble casserole.
- In a large bowl combine everything! Mix gently...
- Once everything is combined spoon into 9x15 pyrex baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese on top for crust.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, set broil on low to brown the top.
- The casserole will be bubbling and very hot, let rest for as long as you can stand before digging in!
- Garnish how you wish... I love the bright green avocado for a cool, creamy topper.